VictorOps: Managing OpsDash Alerts with VictorOps
VictorOps is a hub for centralizing the flow of information throughout the incident lifecycle. Driven by IT and DevOps system data, VictorOps provides a unified platform for real-time alerting, collaboration, and documentation. You can send your OpsDash alerts to VictorOps for complete incident lifecycle management.
It takes only a few minutes to integrate OpsDash and VictorOps! Once you have your OpsDash and VictorOps accounts set up, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to the VictorOps: REST Endpoint - Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to generate a generic REST Endpoint url and add the routing key.
- Copy the REST Endpoint url with the routing key. You'll need to have it available to paste into OpsDash
- Add the VictorOps REST Endpoint with routing key to OpsDash
- Go to the System Settings page in OpsDash.
- Click expand next to the VictorOps Integration
- Paste the REST Endpoint including the routing key & click update
4. Add VictorOps to OpsDash Notification Rules
- Go to the Notifications Page in OpsDash
- Under Notification Rules click Add Another
- Select VictorOps from the dropdown menu
- Click Add
- Remember to Click Save after you have added VictorOps
5. Test your OpsDash & VictorOps Integration
Set up a test Alert in OpsDash
- Set up a test alert in OpsDash: Click any source to open its dashboard. Click any graph. Scroll down and click the metric you want to alert on. Scroll down and add alert thresholds. Add a value that will trigger an alert immediately. Be sure to click save on the right hand side. You can go back and delete or update the alert thresholds as soon as you have completed your testing.
- Within a minute or so your alert should be generated in OpsDash. If not, go back and make sure your threshold settings will trigger an alert.
Check to see that your OpsDash Alert appears in VictorOps as an Alert
- Once your alert is triggered in OpsDash, go to VictorOps and click Alerts. Your OpsDash alert should show up as a VictorOps alert.
- If your alert did not show up in VictorOps, please review the first three steps and make sure you have saved your work along the way. Once you see your OpsDash alert in VictorOps, you're all set. Congrats! You have successfully integrated OpsDash and VictorOps.
- Happy Monitoring!