OpsGenie: Managing OpsDash Alerts with OpsGenie
OpsGenie is an alerting and on-call management solution for dev & ops teams. OpsGenie provides the tools needed to design actionable alerts, manage on-call schedules & escalations, and ensure that the right people are notified at the right time, using multiple notification methods. You send your OpsDash alerts to OpsGenie for comprehensive management.
It takes only a few minutes to integrate OpsDash and OpsGenie! Just follow these simple steps:
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't already.
- Go to OpsGenie OpsDash Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for OpsDash alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the API Key by clicking on the copy button or selecting.
- Click on "Save Integration"
2. Add the OpsGenie API key to OpsDash
- Go to the System Settings page in OpsDash.
- Click expand next to the OpsGenie Integration
- Paste the API key & click update
3. Add OpsGenie to OpsDash Notification Rules
- Go to the Notifications Page in OpsDash
- Under Notification Rules click Add Another
- Select OpsGenie from the dropdown menu
- Click Add
- Remember to Click Save after you have added OpsGenie
4. Test your OpsDash & OpsGenie Integration
Set up a test Alert in OpsDash
- Set up a test alert in OpsDash: Click any source to open its dashboard. Click any graph. Scroll down and click the metric you want to alert on. Scroll down and add alert thresholds. Add a value that will trigger an alert immediately. Be sure to click save on the right hand side. You can go back and delete or update the alert thresholds as soon as you have completed your testing.
- Within a minute or so your alert should be generated in OpsDash. If not, go back and make sure your threshold settings will trigger an alert.
Check to see that your OpsDash Alert appears in OpsGenie as an Alert
- Once your alert is triggered in OpsDash, go to OpsGenie and click Alerts. Your OpsDash alert should show up as an OpsGenie alert.
- If your alert did not show up in OpsGenie, please review the first three steps and make sure you have saved your work along the way.
- Once you see your OpsDash alert in OpsGenie, you're all set. Congrats! You have successfully integrated OpsDash and OpsGenie.
- Happy Monitoring!