HipChat: Sending OpsDash Alerts to HipChat
You can send your OpsDash alerts to HipChat rooms. It's a great way to make sure the right individuals and teams get notified immediately when an alert is triggered. It takes only a few minutes to integrate OpsDash and HipChat! Just follow these simple steps:
- Setup a new Token in HipChat
- Login to HipChat and go to the following url after adding in the correct domain name: https://yourdomain.hipchat.com/admin/rooms
- Select the room to which you want to send notifications from the list. Then, click on Tokens in the Menu on the left.
- Under create new token at the bottom of the page, label your token and make sure Send Notification is selected.
- Click Create
- Copy the Room notification token that has been created. You'll need to paste this into OpsDash
2. Add the HipChat Token to OpsDash
- Go to the System Settings page in OpsDash.
- Click expand next to HipChat Integration
- Add the Room Name to which you want to send notifications. Please make sure the room name is correct. The integration will not work without a correct room name.
- Paste the Token you created in HipChat into OpsDash.
- Click TEST to make sure your integration has been configured properly. Check to see that you have received a Test Alert in your HipChat Room from OpsDash.
- Once your channel is tested and you receive the test alert, remember to click ADD to enable the integration.
3. Add HipChat to OpsDash Notification Rules
- Go to the Notifications Page in OpsDash
- Under Notification Rules click Add Another
- Select HipChat from the dropdown menu.
- If you like, you can add a prefix for the messages that will be sent by OpsDash to the channel.
- Click Add
- Click Save
Congratulations! You've set up alert notifications for your first HipChat Room!
You can repeat the same process to send alert notifications to additional HipChat Rooms.