Slack: Sending OpsDash Alerts to Slack
You can send your OpsDash alerts to Slack channels. It's a great way to make sure the right individuals and teams get notified immediately - on web and mobile - when an alert is triggered. It takes only a few minutes to integrate OpsDash and Slack! Just follow these simple steps:
- Setup a new Incoming WebHook in Slack
- Login to Slack and go to the following url, after replacing "yourdomain" with your slack team domain name: https://yourdomain.slack.com/apps/manage/custom-integrations
- Select Incoming WebHooks from the list in the center of the page
- Click Add Configuration on the next page
- Start by choosing a channel where OpsDash will post messages to and click Add Incoming WebHooks Integration
- Copy the given WebHook url so you can paste it into OpsDash.
2. Add the Slack WebHook to OpsDash System Setting
- Go to the System Settings page in OpsDash.
- Click expand next to Slack integration
- Add the Channel Name to which you want to send notifications, paste the WebHookURL from Slack
- Click TEST to make sure your integration has been configured properly. Check to see that you have received a Test Alert in your Slack Channel from OpsDash.
- Once your channel is tested and you receive the test alert, remember to click ADD to enable the integration.
3. Add Slack to OpsDash Notification Rules
- Go to the Notifications Page in OpsDash
- Under Notification Rules click Add Another
- Select Slack from the dropdown menu.
- If you like, you can add a prefix for the messages that will be sent by OpsDash to the channel.
- Click Add
- Click Save
Congratulations! You've set up alert notifications for your first Slack Channel!
You can repeat the same process to send alert notifications to additional Slack Channels.